Skip to main content

Well... He Was Sleeping...

So, we had moved Lil Man into his toddler bed for about a week before the big flu hit. I made it through a week of struggling with naps, but we were finally on a routine. He was napping. He was sleeping through the night. Things were back to 'normal'.

And then... he got sick.. (insert dramatic dum dum dum music). And with him being so sick with the flu and pneumonia and his first 'real' fever in his life, I held him. And I held him a lot. His daddy held him during naps. I held him during naps. We even held him at night.

And as we are making our way back to health from the horrible flu, sleeping has been a problem. At first naps were, well let's just say a very unpleasant time for everyone concerned. Lil Man wanted to be held. He expected to be held. He demanded to be held. And when he wasn't held, he was angry. I mean the throwing every book he owns out of his room, banging on the baby gate with such force I wasn't sure it would hold, and screaming until his face was purple anger. And let me tell you this didn't last a few moments. Oh no, this little 'episode' lasted for well over an hour for numerous days.

Finally, Lil Man realized that I wasn't going to hold him while he slept and that he had to nap in his room in his bed. It's still not as easy as before, but he is at least (after 8 days of fighting) napping in his bed.

Bedtime was also a major issue. He would scream and refused to even sit on his bed. He will now go to sleep, but he won't stay asleep. For the last couple of nights, he's up at 1am and screaming. It's taking us about an hour to get him to go back to his bed and back to sleep. I'm not rocking or holding or getting him to sleep, but I am reading a book (numerous times) at 1am. I realize this isn't the best situation, and we are working back toward getting him to comfort himself back to sleep. But at the moment, this is where we are.

And I'm telling myself that we we have to stay consistent. And just like the napping, it took time. And it isn't perfect, but it's much better. Hopefully, the night time sleep will get better also and soon!

We go next week for his 2 year check up (shots! ugh!!!) and to have him rechecked for his pneumonia. I hope these shots don't make him as sick as the last ones did. We still aren't 100% well.


Popular posts from this blog

What Summer Taught Me

This Summer has been a big learning experience - for both Lil Man and myself. Who knew that an amusement park could be such a learning experience for both of us. I watched as my little boy, all on his own, climbed stairs among strangers, learned how to wait his turn, slide down a water slide, and do it over and over again. I watched as other kids shoved him out of their way, cut in front of him as he stood patiently 'waiting for his turn'. Groves of bigger kids kept cutting in front of him, and I held back and gave him time to respond. This for me was a learning experience. See, people have to have room or space to grow. So I learned how to let go, let out the leash a little, and give Lil Man some space. The first time the kids pushed him aside, he really didn't know what to do. After a few minutes of this, I did intervene. I told him to get in line. Take his turn, and when it was his turn he was to go. And the next time as other kids pushed past him, it only took a few


You'd think as many times as I've been rejected in my life that rejection wouldn't hurt anymore. Really, I can't count the number of times that I've been rejected, or slighted, or been on the receiving end of cruel words. I'm almost 40 for pete's sake. Rejection shouldn't bring tears anymore, but it still does. It just seems like I've been faced with it a lot lately. It started with the Running and has seemed to carry over into other parts of my life. I have spent most of my life on the sidelines watching other people. That's what happened with the marathon.   Once again, I'm on the side as others do things that I want to do. I trained. I had to have an unexpected surgery. I got injured. I couldn't run. It happens. It isn't the end of  the world. But what many don't realize is that there are numerous times in my life that I am on the sidelines, watching, wishing I was the one 'out there' - not the one watching. . But

Adfilic Bluetooth Stereo Portable Wireless Speaker Review and Giveaway

I love music and streaming music through various apps on my iPhone. But with the case that I have on my phone, it sort of blocks the speakers a little. I can hear, but it can be a little muffled. So when I heard about the  Adfilic Bluetooth Stereo Portable Wireless Speaker  I jumped at the chance to try it. I was a little nervous since there really wasn't a lot of instructions on setup. I mean it had the usual pictures of this button does this etc, but there really wasn't a lot of documentation with it. So I was a little apprehensive at first.  But it didn't take me too long to realize that I didn't need a lot of instruction. It was pretty much straight forward. Charge it. After it was charged, turn it on. I went into my connections on my iPhone. It immediately found it, paired, and I was good to go.  I did get a little confused on which button was volume up (and down). But after a little trial and error with that, I've had absolutely zero iss