Skip to main content

Sunday, March 29, 2009

I had an enjoyable day yesterday with HG. We went to West Virginia to drop off our wedding rings to get them sized. I knew that I would miss not having my ring. What I didn’t realize was HOW much I would miss not wearing my engagement/wedding rings. But I had fun yesterday.

We went and dropped our rings off, and I picked out a birthstone ring that I liked. (HG partially contributed to the cost…. part of my birthday present) HG let me bypass Waffle house, and we ate at Hardees for breakfast, hot dogs (my fav) for lunch and Cracker Barrel for supper. We spent about 8 hours on the road in the car. It was fun.

I have to say that HG went out of his way yesterday to be thoughtful. We laughed most of the day. We also compromised on a headboard…. NO Texas stars (woo hoo).

This weekend has zoomed by. Today I’m washing clothes and trying to get things prepared for next week. I cooked HG a pumpkin pie after cooking breakfast. Supper tonight will be leftovers though. I have a very busy week ahead of me, and I want to get some ‘down time’ in today. So after getting clothes into wash, and HG’s pie in the oven, I’ve been playing around on my laptop while HG reads the paper and Tula snoozes on my feet. Shorty and Sally are snuggling in their outside kennels.

It’s a gloomy day here, but I don’t mind since I’m inside and didn’t really have any plans to run today. I’m not sure how I’ll get my runs in this week because I have so much going on. But hopefully I’ll be able to find some time to get some runs in.

Well clothes are ready to be switched around… guess I’d better get to it…


Popular posts from this blog

Adfilic Bluetooth Stereo Portable Wireless Speaker Review and Giveaway

I love music and streaming music through various apps on my iPhone. But with the case that I have on my phone, it sort of blocks the speakers a little. I can hear, but it can be a little muffled. So when I heard about the  Adfilic Bluetooth Stereo Portable Wireless Speaker  I jumped at the chance to try it. I was a little nervous since there really wasn't a lot of instructions on setup. I mean it had the usual pictures of this button does this etc, but there really wasn't a lot of documentation with it. So I was a little apprehensive at first.  But it didn't take me too long to realize that I didn't need a lot of instruction. It was pretty much straight forward. Charge it. After it was charged, turn it on. I went into my connections on my iPhone. It immediately found it, paired, and I was good to go.  I did get a little confused on which button was volume up (and down). But after a little trial and error with that, I've had absolutely zero iss

Little Buffalo State Park

I don't know about where you live, but where we live we are within driving distance to several State Parks. And because the weather has been so cool this Summer, and although it's August, last week was the first time we'd been to the pool. Lil Man had a blast. We had hoped some friends could join us today, but no one was available. But we ventured out, just the two of us, and we had a blast. The water was still pretty cold. In fact, we would get in - play for awhile - then get out and sit on a beach towel in the sun to warm up. This seemed to work well. We splurged and Lil Man enjoyed his first chocolate chipwich. He exclaimed "It's a cookie AND ice cream!" I do believe he thought it was a genius idea. Although it can be exhausting as my Lil Man is one that wants me to definitely join in with him with the sprinklers etc, it was pure joy to watch him enjoy himself. I think this picture speaks for itself. I hope you are enjoying your last few days

Ecosak Nylon Nut Bag Review

I have been compensated in the form of a gift card/money/coupon and/or received the product/service at a reduced price or for free. All opinions expressed are mine and honest in nature. Well, can you believe that I am trying out a nut bag to make my own almond milk? (I'll pause a moment so that you can let the shock wear off!) I can honestly say that never in my life did I intend on making my own almond milk. But as you know, we are making some changes to our diet. So I decided I would give it a try.  And with the Ecosak I also received some recipes which really helped since I wasn't really sure what I was supposed to do. I asked Lil Man if he wanted to help me, and he was more than thrilled. Apparently making almond milk was an exciting and fun thing for him. First things first was to wash the Ecosak (easy to do) and soak the nuts. Yep, I put some raw almonds in a bowl, covered them with water and let them soak 6-8 hours or so. After they had been soaked, I